Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yes, I'm goin' to (North) Carolina in my mind-

"In my mind I’m goin’ to carolina
Can’t you see the sunshine
Can’t you just feel the moonshine
Maybe just like a friend of mine
It hit me from behind
Yes I’m goin’ to carolina in my mind"
-James Taylor, Carolina In My Mind

Hello!  North Carolina, I'm missing you this week. =)  The song is appropriate.  However, I am definitely enjoying my break regardless.  Between working over the weekend, and having a smaller check due to meetings one weekend, it just wasn't realistically feasible for me to make it home...  HOWEVER, look out Christmas Break because I AM coming home.  I can't wait =)  It's a little hard to believe this is the first holiday I won't be with all of you, but I'll be thinking about you for sure!  Mom, I will certainly be missing ALLLLLLL of your food. 

I did work this past weekend, and was able to sleep in yesterday and today, and plan on doing just that the rest of this week!!!  I know a few people that are here through Wednesday so I haven't been completely alone, and I met another new person this weekend, so he and I have had dinner a couple of nights as well.  (He comes into the country club sometimes, and I have met him previously, serving tables obviously.) 

Yesterday I drove out to South Haven, Mississippi to walk through Target, even though I bought nothing, andddd I may have stopped at Bruster's since I finally found it and got a brownie sundae with chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream.  I have been CRAVING some Bruster's ice cream for quite some time, so it hit the spot, and was a nice little mini-reward to finally making it to Thanksgiving break!

I also had the joy of being taken to dinner in downtown Clarksdale last night at a place called Oxbow, and trying fish tacos... I have heard about fish tacos before, buttttt have never tried them.  Everyone knows I will try most anything, and don't really dislike anything... but I definitely give them two thumbs up.  I now know why they are so popular.  I should have taken a picture.  Oops. Oh well.


Today I went to my school and my classroom is SOOOOOO much cleaner now.  It's still not organized the way I would like it, but it is certainly clean now!  I have been dying to have time to clean it and we really don't have time after school or before school, nor is the school ever open on any weekends.  I never did post a picture of my Thanksgiving door. I'm pretty pleased with it, even though my kids like to make fun of my turkey because he has no feet.  They always make fun of my drawings.  I don't blame them... I know you always enjoyed my "artwork" too, Mom... hahhaha   Anyhow, here it is:




I really wish I could put some pictures of my kids up here because they really have won my heart, even though they also make me want to rip my hair out sometimes....

Alright, I guess that's all for now.  Happy Thanksgiving, I miss you, and I love you all! =)

1 comment:

  1. We will be missing you, too. I hope you get some good rest and enjoy lazing around with Toby, Jersey and Pepper. Glad you have friends to socialize with this week. Loved all the photos, too. Just remember that Christmas will be here before you know it and we'll all be together for a while....can't wait!
    Love you forever! XOXO Nana

    ReplyDelete